Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Patience

"1 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." Psalm 62: 1-2

Patience has never been a strength of mine. In fact it may be one of the things I am most defecient in. During this part of my life I have no choice but to wait. I am learning how to be at peace while I wait.

I am waiting for many things. Some are small and I anticipate their coming very soon. For instance, I just gave blood to test my hormone levels. Now I wait for the results to find out if my HCG levels have dropped to normal. I also asked for copies of my ultrasound, and now I am waiting for the nurse to call me after asking the doctor about giving them to me. Both of these answers should come within 24 hours.

There are also medium things. I wait for the chance to conceive again, which will take a little more time than I'd like. I wait for answers and something good to come from this hard season.

All of these little things point to the bigger things that I will wait for my entire earthly life. I wait for Christ to come in His fulness, to redeem all that which has been lost. I wait to look Him in His eyes and rest in His embrace. I wait for the days when there will be no more pain, no more sorrow. I wait to be Home with my child and with our Father.

Thank you, God for beginning to cultivate in me the art of patience and waiting on you in the little things and in the big things of my life. Thank you for the hope you have given that helps anchor my unsteady heart.



Location:Patience

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails