Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nesting

Lately I've been uninspired to write.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's the nesting, the preparing stage when there is only really one thing on my mind.  Or maybe I am nesting and staying busy to avoid fears and anxieties that are deeper within.  I have a hunch that it is a combination of the two.  I've mostly only been motivated to clean, organize, and prepare...all good considering I am not naturally an organizer.  So I make the most of this brief phase, knowing chaos will strike again!

Tomorrow I'll see my little man in an ultrasound to check on his size.  I'm glad for the glimpse into the womb and thankful for a friend that will join me, lessoning my anxiety about ultrasounds.  My blood sugar is still borderline and the doctors are taking it week by week to see if I need meds to keep it down for the remainder of my pregnancy.  There are days I don't mind the diet and am excited about learning how to prepare and eat healthy meals and then there are days that I don't think I could ever get used to this.  I do hope to develop a healthy eating lifestyle out of all of this.


156.  Showering of gifts to celebrate the life of my little boy and his soon to be arrival.
157.  Awesome friends to pull off a great baby shower in the midst of a busy season.
158.  My husband's four day weekend coming up...rare!
159.  Baby clothes to last through all the growing stages.
160.  Baby books.
161.  Kicks and jabs from the womb that seem to tell me, "I'm still here." and bring reassurance and comfort.
162.  God's love and provision for me.
163.  That God's way is perfect and His word proves true.


2 comments:

Christina said...

You mean you're not excited about a diet that keeps you from all things that taste good?:)
So glad the shower went well--it was fun!

MEBSwick said...

ditto...

i love how what we see as a problem can end up to be God's way to keep us focused on what matters

Related Posts with Thumbnails