Monday, May 16, 2011
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1: 2-4
This week I've been going through some things I can't even begin to explain. In it all I am learning to trust and wait on the Lord. I take joy knowing He has a purpose for each trial to bring glory to Himself. Here are some of the graces He's given this week in the midst of much struggle.
443. Two bright eyed boys ready to begin the day.
444. Son's eagerness to read about Jesus.
445. Black lab named Black Jack
446. God slays giants through little people with faith in His greatness
447. Walking in to find a Daddy reading to two happy boys
448. Making dinner for families in our church.
449. Red beans simmering on the stove, reminding me of New Orleans
450. Boy sleeping on couch after a day of fishing with Daddy
451. Practicing swimming with Andrew
452. The joy of a little boy opening gifts
454. Bright setting sun
455. Baby's morning nap allowing me time to play with my oldest son.
456. Learning patience and trust through enduring trials
457. Intimacy with God through trials
458. An amazing sky--amazing sunset, bright moon, and lightning show all in one night.
459. My God is mighty to save
460. Constant prayer and encouragement