Friday, July 9, 2010

Faith Like a Child

54. The highlight of my week happened last night as we were putting Andrew, our 2 year old son, to bed.  Daddy led Andrew in our bedtime prayer.  I can't quite capture how endearing it was to hear him repeat Daddy's words as Andrew prayed for the first time ever.  Such joy!  I pray he knows the love of Christ very early and that last night was just the beginning of his prayer life.

55.  I'm thankful for so many resources and Godly examples of how to raise my children in the faith.  I'd like to point you to a great resource that my friend has started on her blog.  I know that I am enriched by her example and her knowledge of the resources out there.  Her posts on this subject can be found under the "Teach Me Jesus" tab.


ethanandme

56.  It's amazing to me that Jesus called us to be like little children.  I'm thankful that He is trustworthy enough for us to have a simple faith as a child and trust Him for our every need.  This truth humbles and challenges me.
" At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?' And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them  and said, 'Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'" Matthew 18:1-4

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so honored you put me on your gratitude list!:)
Thanks for reading:)

Jenna said...

That's awesome Lisa! There is something so special about seeing our children develop a relationship with our heavenly father. I love studying scripture and memorizing verses together with my kids. Looking forward to catching up Friday night. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails