Saturday, July 10, 2010

Motives

The purpose in a man's heart is like deep water,
but a man of understanding will draw it out.
  Many a man proclaims his own steadfast love,
but a faithful man who can find?
 (Proverbs 20:5-6 ESV)

Motives.  What drives me to do the things I do?  What is the motive of my heart behind my actions, my thoughts, and what breaks my heart?  I have been thinking about this a lot lately.  I still don't have a lot of words to say, because I still don't quite understand what God is doing in me.  However, I know He is at work in the depths of my heart.  I pray that He will give me understanding to what is there and that He will change all that is in me that is not from Him.  I pray that He would grow within me a genuine love for Him.

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. 
(Colossians 3:1-4 ESV)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Good questions. Take joy in the fact that you know he is working in you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails