Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

This Easter finds me a mixed bag in many ways.  I'm searching my heart for something hopeful and uplifting to write, but I am not there currently.  Today I read the resurrection as it is told in each of the Gospels.  There are many emotions that stood out to me in all of those who were present.  Some of them are confusion, grief, awe, fear, disbelief, amazement, and faith (if you can really call that an emotion).  Jesus promises to them during these days power (through the Holy Spirit), comfort, life, and Presence. He also calls them to carry on His work and bring His message to the end of the Earth.  

He took his broken, confused, grieving, believers and made them so much more with the promise of His Spirit.  My hope is that he sees past me (as I know he does) and my confusion, hurt, emptiness, brokenness and lack of faith.  That His Spirit would work in all of these areas to grow me and strengthen me in His ways.  He came to give life and in abundance.


"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (NIV) 
Philippians 3:10-12

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails