Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Gratitude Community

I friend told me about this 1000 gifts gratitude community going on at The Holy Experience blog.  We decided to both blog our own lists of 1000 things that we are thankful for.  I can't imagine that my list will have a lot of planning or structure to it.  I'll try to post about this everyday and see where that takes me.  Some things will be deep and some things will be simple.

1.  What more can I be thankful for than the personal relationship I have with God.  I was amazed when I learned that being a Christian was not about knowing "about" God, but knowing Him in a personal way.  I am still blown away that He does not stand far off watching from a distance, but instead remains closer than a whisper to me.  I am thankful that He adopted me as His child through His Son, Jesus Christ.

2.  My husband.  Even though his work load has more than doubled, he has more than doubled in his serving and helping me around the house during this difficult time.  His love for me is unwavering and I don't doubt that he will always be there through the good and the bad.

3. My son.  A healthy and bright two year old who keeps me on my toes.

4. Trials.  The ones that I hate and hurt, but that God uses to show Himself to me and draw me closer to Him

5. Friends. The ones that stand by me even in the dark times and make me stronger, shine light into my darkness, and lighten the load just by being there.

6. The baby in my womb.  God has carried me through loss and grief and into another pregnancy.  Though I've been fearful, He has been developing this baby.  I'm thankful that I got to see the baby's heartbeat last Friday.

7. Laughter.  I love to make people laugh more than laugh myself, but every once in a while I can let loose and enjoy a good laugh.  True medicine for the soul.

8. Good books. Books that challenge the way I think and help me grow in my walk with God. Also, books that take me to another place and time, giving me a break from day to day life.

9.  Air conditioning.  It is hot outside. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had no a.c. to turn on to cool me down.

10. Good music.  Songs that speak to my inner being and lift my spirits when they are down as well as give me words of worship when I am up or down.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I love it! I am such a huge fan of lists and expecialy lists of things that make you happy or things that we are grateful for! Your top 10 are amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails