Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday

I just cried for the first time in almost two weeks. Ashlynn would have been at 18 weeks gestation this week. We would be finding out her sex soon and I'd be drooling over cute baby clothes once more.

Today is Monday. The hardest day of the week for me. Thankfully, I am about to go to bed and tomorrow is Tuesday. Today has been lonely and sad.

In "Sacred Sorrow" today it stood out to me that God was in lament for His people who had rejected Him. He was lonely and afflicted by His own creation. He chose David to be anointed as a king. David was a man of many struggles and wrote most of the laments in the Bible. When he lamented to God a special bond was formed between the two of them. In David's darkest times God was there and had empathy for what David was going through because He had been there Himself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monday is the 1 week anniversary for us this week. It has been rough and I am looking forward to bed so I can get past it too.

My family will be praying for yours when we pray for us.

Lisa T said...

Thank you for praying, will pray for you as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails